CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh baby it's Spring out there!

The bleak, gray Tennessee sky has finally given way to a little sunshine! It warmed up just in time for Easter and since then it's been getting a little warmer every day. Finally! We had a busy and fun Easter weekend starting by having Friday off from school. I had an aunt and uncle drop by with two of my cousins on their way home from Florida to Ohio. It was so nice (and a little weird) to see family all the way out here! They took us to a fun dinner followed by a visit to Opryland. We haven't been there since Mom and Dad Cook were out here in January and it was fun to see it again. The picture is a little fuzzy but that's all we got.
Saturday was filled with conference watching and it was sooo great to just lounge around in our pj's and watch the sessions in our own little apartment. Brig even made Saturday morning pancakes, mmm so good. I have decided that this will be a new conference tradition, one that Brig will probably regret initiating when he's bakin up pancakes ten years from now for our five to twelve children.:)
That night I dropped Brig off at priesthood meeting and then met up with several gals from the ward for a celebratory girls night. Nothing like getting to play while all the men are away. We had a lot of fun and a lot of food. Brig and I are super lucky to have such an awesome ward!
On Sunday we got festive and set up a pretty intense Easter egg dying station. I learned that Brigham is a pro and when it comes to egg dying, he doesn't mess around. They turned out great, as you can see.:) I had colorful fingers for the rest of the day.
Naked eggs, just waiting to be beautified.

Blowing the eggs guts out. A real professional technique.

The finished product.
After the last session of conference our friends invited us to their house for a real, homestyle Easter dinner. They made a sweet honey baked ham and some of the best cheesecake I've ever had. And they even sent us home with leftovers! We have been so lucky to have such awesome friends out here! As is tradition, we finished the evening off with a good round of Settlers of Catan. I championed. Honestly though, I think the only reason I win that game is because someone's got to keep Brig humble with Kristen and Bryan too far away to play it with him.:)
Welp, that was our Easter weekend in an eggshell--ha ha couldn't help it. Happy Spring every body!

2 comments:

This is me.... Kristen

Awww.... Love it! I'm thinking that we're going to have to take Catan to Cancun? heh heh heh

trevor and keesa

i agree....Trevor has never played....it just sits in our closet, i'm too nervous for the outcome :)

Post a Comment