CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy New Year/Heart Day!

What are the chances of Chinese New Year and Valentines Day falling on the same great weekend? Talk about making me a happy lady.:)  On Saturday night we celebrated by making Chinese lanterns, stir fry cooked to the beat of some good old asiany tunes, fortune cookies, and watching Kung Fu Panda! And can I just say, I am loving being married and able to party it up whenever and however, We're trying to take advantage of our alone-ness while we can, I know it won't be like this forever.;)
mmm soy sauce. And please note the asiany bun. Very authentic, right?
Valentines day marked our second Sunday as nursery leaders. Nothing sparks the romance like two hours of trying to keep eleven 18 month-2 year old toddlers under some kind of control. Who am I kidding? I can't pretend I don't love our calling. The kids are adorable. And watching Brig try to entertain them is pretty adorable too.:) After church we cooked a special Valentines dinner, we didn't have any candles to create atmosphere and etc. but it was pretty delicious.  We owe the success of the meal to some recipes I stole from a couple of excellent moms (Thanks Korryn and Alex!).  
  
To continue the celebration, We got a few new two player games to add to our collection.  None of them can replace Settler's but unfortunately we don't always have the time to play that that game requires, and we had to get some games Brig can win. To finish everything off I found a recipe for chocolate lava cakes, one of Brig's favorite desserts. I have to admit, they were absolutely to die for! And best of all, so easy to make.

 
Oh yum. Totally heavenly.  And that wrapped it up! It was a great weekend and now we're ready to jump back into another week of school! Yee haw.  So welcome to the year of the tiger and I hope you all know how much Brig and I love (as they say in Tennessee) all y'all!

2 comments:

Traylor Family

What games did you get? Are they for 4 players? Cause I'm totally down for something new...just as soon as I win at Settlers :) I might even buy my own set so I can practice.

This is me.... Kristen

aww...... sick.

Post a Comment